I taught a Bible study class yesterday at our church. The Lord impressed me to share on the topic of love.
In preparation for the class, I went to my computer, opened my Bible program, typed in LOVE, asked it to show me where the word was in only the New Testament. Up popped every verse in which the word love was listed. I'd like to share with you some of those verses in paraphrase.
1. Don't act like you love when you really don't. (Let love be without hypocrisy)
2. Don't owe anybody anything except to love them.
3. Love builds up.
4. I can speak eloquently and be able to do mighty things but, if I don't love, they amount to zero.
5. Do EVERYTHING (my emphasis) in love.
6. God teaches believers to love.
7. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
8 If you don't love, you don't really know God, because God is love.
9. Let us consider how we can spur one another on toward love.
I suggest you print this out. Put it where you can see it regularly. Go over it daily. Act it out in your life. Then you will fulfill the final one I list.
10. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.
May we love as Jesus loves, Gloria
Post a Comment